Travelling by ferry and bus
COVID-19–virus (applies to all ferry crossings with Ærøfærgerne)
New update 6/1-2021:
The capacity on board for passengers is from 6th of January 2021 reduced to 125 passengers on the crossing between Ærøskøbing and Svendborg, 75 passengers between Søby and Faaborg and 73 passengers between Søby and Fynshav.
Generel information on personal protection:
From Saturday 28/8-2020 the Danish Authorities made it obligatory to wear protective facemask or face shield when travelling with public transport. Ærøfærgerne are obliged to uphold this new law and may therefore have to deny passengers the right to travel with us if said law is not adhered to.
What does this mean for you as a passenger?
As a result you must be wearing a face mask when boarding, during transit on board in all areas onboard and when disembarking our ferries between Svendborg-Ærøskøbing, Faaborg-Søby and Fynshav-Søby. You are allowed to remove it only for short periods of time to consume food, beverages or medicine. Likewise you may remove it if experiencing difficulties breathing or if the need for face-recognition or lipreading arises.
You can purchase a face mask at the ferry if you have not been able to obtain one elsewhere.
Passengers exempted are children under the age of 12 years, passengers with general respiratory breathing disorders, reduced level of consciousness or passengers with physical or mental disabilities that prevent them from removing the face mask unaided.
Passengers who have obtained special permission to remain in the car during the entire crossing are also exempt from wearing face masks..
Finally all other passengers arriving by car must have face masks available and visible for the crew to see when boarding the ferry. You may chose not to have it on if it hinders a clear view of the surroundings thus comprimising the safety while manouvering the car during boarding.
You can read the law relating to this here: Bekendtgørelse om krav om mundbind m.v. i kollektiv trafik m.v.
- Due to the increasing consequences of Covid-19/Corona Ærøfærgerne has chosen to enforce prepayment on all travel for both walk-on passengers and vehicles.
- Reservations can be made online at www.aeroe-ferry.dk or by phone on +45 62524000 during our office hours.
- All customers must make a booking and pay in advance before meeting up at the departure. This applies to both walk-on passengers and vehicles.
- In emergency situations you can call our office on +45 62 52 40 00 to make a booking and make the payment over the phone or in person.
- It is on board and at the office not possible to make payment manual ticket coupons.
- You can cancel your reservation until 30 minutes before departure and will then automatically get your full payment refunded, you can move your reservation to a later departure that same day or use the payment to travel without a reservation
- Passengers wishing to remain in the car during the crossing must obtain permission at least 24 hours in advance of boarding the ferry by calling +45 62524000.
- As a walk-on passenger you are required to show your reservation when boarding the ferry.
- Walk-on passengers are required to disperse themselves as widely as possible across the passenger salons and cafeteria seating areas and keep as much of a distance as possible to others.
- The cafeteria on board is open.
- If you are infected you must travel by ambulance on Ærøfærgerne.
- If you travel by car and are observing quarantine/suspect that you are a carrier of the virus you must remain in your vehicle during the crossing. You must also contact Ærøfærgerne in advance of your journey.
- If you are submitted into quarantine or suspect that you are a carrier of the virus you MUST NOT travel on foot with Ærøfærgerne.
- Taxi service for the last arrival to Ærø will only allow 3 persons at a time. Those who are not allowed on the first taxi will be collected at the ferry as soon as possible afterwards.
- It is crucial that all passengers respect these special measurements and follow the instructions of the crew on board and ashore.
- We cannot guarantee that our ferries are free from infection. It is the passengers own responsibility to ensure their safety against possible infection.
The office of Ærøfærgerne in Ærøskøbing
We ask that all enqueries are dealt with over the phone on +45 62524000 and that you only turn up in person if necessary.
COVID-19–virus (applies to busses on Ærø)
- Entry to and exit from the bus is only through the door towards the back of the bus.
- Seating capacity is reduced to ensure safety distance
- Please avoid contact with the busdriver. A facemask must be worn at all times while entering, residing in and existing the bus.
- Larger groups should contact +45 62 63 10 10 prior to travelling.
All of the above emergency measurements are in place until further notice and are subject to change according to new guidelines from the authorities.
tlf. +45 6252 4000