Travelling by ferry and bus
COVID-19–virus (applies to all ferry crossings with Ærøfærgerne)
From Monday 14th of June 2021:
The requirement to wear protectice facial mask or shield has been suspended in all public areas apart from when standing up in public transport.
This means that all passengers on board Ærøfærgerne must wear facial mask or shield when boarding or disembarking the ferry; as well as when walking or standing on board. No facial mask or shield is required when outside on the sun deck. We still ask that all passengers keep distance and show consideration for fellow passengers and crew. Read government regulations here:
- Due to the increasing consequences of Covid-19/Corona Ærøfærgerne has chosen to enforce prepayment on all travel for both walk-on passengers and vehicles.
- Reservations can be made online at www.aeroe-ferry.dk or by phone on +45 62524000 during our office hours.
- All customers must make a booking and pay in advance before meeting up at the departure. This applies to both walk-on passengers and vehicles.
- In emergency situations you can call our office on +45 62 52 40 00 to make a booking and make the payment over the phone or in person.
- It is on board and at the office not possible to make payment manual ticket coupons.
- You can cancel your reservation until 30 minutes before departure and will then automatically get your full payment refunded, you can move your reservation to a later departure that same day or use the payment to travel without a reservation
- Passengers wishing to remain in the car during the crossing must obtain permission at least 24 hours in advance of boarding the ferry by calling +45 62524000.
- As a walk-on passenger you are required to show your reservation when boarding the ferry.
- Walk-on passengers are required to disperse themselves as widely as possible across the passenger salons and cafeteria seating areas and keep as much of a distance as possible to others.
- The cafeteria on board is open.
- If you are infected you must travel by ambulance on Ærøfærgerne.
- If you travel by car and are observing quarantine/suspect that you are a carrier of the virus you must remain in your vehicle during the crossing. You must also contact Ærøfærgerne in advance of your journey.
- If you are submitted into quarantine or suspect that you are a carrier of the virus you MUST NOT travel on foot with Ærøfærgerne.
- Taxi service for the last arrival to Ærø will only allow 3 persons at a time. Those who are not allowed on the first taxi will be collected at the ferry as soon as possible afterwards.
- It is crucial that all passengers respect these special measurements and follow the instructions of the crew on board and ashore.
- We cannot guarantee that our ferries are free from infection. It is the passengers own responsibility to ensure their safety against possible infection.
The office of Ærøfærgerne in Ærøskøbing
We ask that all enqueries are dealt with over the phone on +45 62524000 and that you only turn up in person if necessary.
COVID-19–virus (applies to busses on Ærø)
- Entry to and exit from the bus is only through the door towards the back of the bus.
- Seating capacity is reduced to ensure safety distance
- Please avoid contact with the busdriver. A facemask must be worn at all times while entering, residing in and existing the bus.
- Larger groups should contact +45 62 63 10 10 prior to travelling.
All of the above emergency measurements are in place until further notice and are subject to change according to new guidelines from the authorities.
tlf. +45 6252 4000